Symptoms & Conditions  WRIST AND HAND PAIN
Pain in the wrists, hands and/or fingers has been widely considered as the biggest nuisance because it can prevent you from performing the simplest everyday tasks such as writing or cooking. The hand itself is very complex, comprised of 26 bones, over 30 joints, about 20 muscles and over 40 ligaments and tendons. Their integral involvement to execute common errands makes them the most operational part of the body. Numerous causes can result in pain of the hand and wrists such as playing sports, exercise, injury, nerve impingement or simply working at your computer. These activities can lead to sprains, fractures, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
At Premier Spine & Sports Medicine, we provide the comprehensive care with non-invasive treatment options necessary to alleviate your wrist and hand pain. Jump-start your path to recovery by scheduling an appointment today!
Signs & Symptoms of Wrist & Hand Pain:
● Numbness, tingling or the feeling of "pins and needles"
● Weakness of the wrist, hand and/or fingers (i.e. dropping items)
● Shaking of the hands in the middle of the night for pain relief
● Limb/joint is strangely shaped or out of its normal position
● Inability to put weight on or straighten the hand
● Swelling and pain
● Signs of injection (i.e. increased pain, swelling, redness, fever)
Causes of Wrist/Hand Pain Include:
● Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
● De Quervain's Disease (radial styloid tendonitis)
● Carpometacarpal Osteoarthritis
● Trigger Finger
● Writer's Cramp
● Ganglion Cysts
● Repetitive Motion Syndrome
● Dupuytren's Disease
● Kienbock's Disease
● Rheumatoid Arthritis
Call (201) 242-1600 to schedule an appointment today